How to Avail the OWWA Scholarships
OWWA stands for Overseas Workers Welfare Administration, and it’s an appended organization of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and a membership institution. It works to ensure and advance the welfare and prosperity of Overseas Filipino Workers. In lieu of this, OWWA offers insurance, an educational program for OFWs/wards and scholarships. This post makes you familiar with methods by following them, and you can get an OWWA scholarship.
OWWA offers five types of programs which include education and training like Skills-for-Employment Scholarship Program (SESP), Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP), DOLE-OWWA-Tulay Microsoft Project, Seafarers’ Upgrading Program (SUP), and Tuloy-Aral Project.
Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
OWWA gives the Scholarship in Education for Scholarship Program (EDSP) awards a 4 to 5 years baccalaureate course offered by a CHED- accredited school or college. This Scholarship will get qualified recipients/ dependents of OWWA part OFWs. The OWWA awards P30 000 per semester and pay the educational expense straightforwardly to the school. You will get the remaining amount after presents of your result report of your semester.
Guide to qualify for the Scholarship
- Applicants should be a child of an OWWA member or sibling/sister of an unmarried OWWA part.
- Age must be 21 years old or less than
- Must be a Filipino resident
- Be healthy and with great good character.
- Should have a normal grade of minimum 80% and have a place with the upper 20% of the graduating class
Requirements for Application
- Accomplished application forms (2 sets)
- 1″x 1″ ID pictures (2 copies)
- Evidence of relationship to Member (copy of Birth Certificate of the candidate and of the Member whenever related as sibling or sister adequately ensured by the Local Civil Registrar or NSO)
- Must have one, either Form 137 or Transcript of Records with Principal’s Certification on Scholastic Standing
- Evidence of OWWA enrollment (for example, Official Receipt of OWWA Contribution/Certification from OWWA Membership Processing Center)
- Health Certificate validating fitness of candidate (Form B) physically
- Certificate of Good Moral Character gave by the School Principal/Guidance Counselor (Form C)
- A certificate that candidate has a place with upper 20% of graduating class gave by school head (2 sets)
- Statement of candidate that he/she has not procured units in any post-secondary/undergraduate course (Form E)
- Sworn Statement that he/she has no forthcoming application for inhabitant worker status in any country and doesn’t have double citizenship endorsed by a parent or legitimate guardians (Form F).