How to apply for the OEC in Dubai
if you are not the resident of UAE and want to work in its premises then you should have an Overseas employment certificate (OEC). For example, if you have the Philippine nationality and work in Dubai, then you must apply for the OEC before you arrived here. Do you know how to apply or renew your OEC certificate? What to do if you have to renew it if you are not in your own country?
For the Philippine nationals, they have to visit the Philippine Consulate or Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) in Dubai. For the complete procedure of renewing your OEC please keep reading the article to understand the complications and requirements that you may have to face in this procedure.
Complete Guide for applying OEC in Dubai
Wait! First of all, check your membership with Overseas Worker Welfare Administration (OWWA) that allows you to work in Dubai, if your membership is expired then, unfortunately, you can’t apply for the OEC. You must have to renew your OWWA membership before applying to OEC. You also have to update the OFW agency’s information sheet.
So, let’s check the other requirements for applying the OEC certificate, mark them and arrange them before visiting the consulate, your time will be saved.
Requirements for applying the OEC
Following are the necessary documents to apply for the OEC
- Original passport and its two photocopies
- Confirmed round-trip ticket of the plane
For the special cases like household service workers, Balik-Manggagawa and housemaids, some additional documents are also required beside ones mentioned above
- Original immigration contract and its two photocopies
- Residence visa and two photocopies
- The photocopies of the sponsor’s passport and the original one
- Affidavit of undertaking by the sponsor
- Information sheet of the Sponsor
- Sponsor’s residence visa copy if he is not national of UAE
Read Article: 48 Hours Free Transit visa for Dubai
If you have arranged all the documents that are mentioned above, then its turn for the processing fee of the application that you have to pay to process your application
- OWWA membership fee is AED 92, if your OWWA membership is expired then you must pay this fee
- OEC fee is AED 10
Procedure for applying the OEC
Now, if you have the money and documents in your hand then follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for OEC
- Create an account on POLO website. After creating the account login to the web to make an appointment online. You can also make an appointment through the Balik-Manggagawa Online Processing System.
- Fill the data required on the OEC BM online form and save it, make three prints or photocopies of the form
- You will be provided with the appointment date and time, visit the POLO office in Dubai on the prescribed date and time, contact with the concerned person. Don’t forget to take the required documents along with the application form
- Pay the required fee of your case
- Now, wait for the OEC
The above-mentioned details are just for the information purpose to assist people. if you want more information regarding the procedure for applying the OEC or some other details then kindly visit the official website of the POLO.