Dubai Duty Free
Dubai Duty Free is a market on Dubai International Airport which offers totally tax free shopping.
It is the worlds biggest airport retailer which celebrated its 36th annual ceremony in 2019. It recorded sales of $2.03 billion. The goods sold includes 9 million cans of beer, over 3.1 million bottles of whiskey, 4.4 million packs of cigarettes, 15.8 million cigars and almost 400 kg of caviar.
Sales in 2020 are also expected to be equally impressive like the previous year.
Shops and outlets are opened in all the three terminals of either departure or arrivals and are opened 24/7. The duty free items and products can also be purchased at Emirates onboard flights.
The product line has diversity and contains the following:
- Alcohol -Brands and products available include whisky (JohnnieWalker, Talisker, Jameson, Kilbeggan, Tullamore Dew, Glenfiddich, Dewars, Jack Daniel’s, Jim Beam, Southern, Comfort etc.), champagne (DomPerignon, Krug, Moet &Chandon etc.), Cognac (Courvoisier, Hennessy, Remy Martin etc.), gin (Beefeater, Gordon’s etc.), vodka (Smirnoff, Grey Goose, Absolut etc.), rum (Mount Gay, Bacardi, Havana Club etc.), tequila (Sauza, Jose Cuervo etc.), wine, and beer.
- Cigarettes – Packs of the most popular brands such as Benson & Hedges, Davidoff, Dunhill, Kent, Marlboro, Regal, Richmond, Silk Cut, and Winston.
- Cigars – Boxes of cigars from America, Europe, the DominicanRepublic, Honduras, and Cuba. Cuban brands stocked include Bolivar, Cohiba, Hoyo de Monterrey, Montecristo, Partagas, H Upmann, and Vegas Robaina.
- Gold and Jewellery – Gold bars (18, 22, 24 carats) plus items from jewellers such as Pandora, Bvlgari, and Swarovski.
- Watches – Timepieces from all the top watchmakers including Citizen, Seiko, Breitling, Rolex, Omega, Bvlgari, Tag Heuer, and Tissot.
- Perfumes – Fragrances by Aramis,Bvlgari, Burberry, Calvin Klein, CarolinaHerrera, Cartier, Chanel, Christian Dior,Diesel,Elizabeth Arden, Jean PaulGaultier, Kenzo, Lacoste,Montblanc, Nina Ricci, Prada, Ralph Lauren, TomFord, Tommy Hilfiger, Versace, Yves Saint, Laurent and much more.
- Leather Goods – Handbags, purses, and wallets from all the top names.
Luggage – Suitcases and bags by Delsey, Echolac, Porsche Design, Samsonite and others.
- Pens – Luxury pens by Montblanc, Cross, Montegrappa, and ST Dupont.
- Sunglasses – Designer sunglasses by Emporio Armani, Gucci, Prada, Ray-Ban, Tom Ford, Burberry, MarcJacobs, Maui Jim, and many others.
- Men’s Fashion – Cufflinks, ties, shirts, and suits. Labels stocked include Boss, Lacoste, Paul Smith, and Emporio Armani.
- Electronics – Products available include camcorders and digital cameras(Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony, Samsung etc.), laptops and computers, video games (Nintendo, Sony etc.), MP3 players (iPods etc.), and mobile phones (iPhone, Samsung, Huawei etc.).
- Telephone Cards – Du and Etisalat mobile telephone cards.
- Perfume is the most popular product sold at Dubai Duty Free, accounting for around 15% of sales in 2019. According to the official Dubai Customs website (at February 2020), travellers can bring in the following quantities of goods free of duty:
- Gifts with a value of less than AED 3,000, 400 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 500 grams of tobacco, 4 litres of alcohol or 2 cartons of beer (one carton equals 24 cans, each not greater than 355 ml)
- Personal belongings.
These things are to be concerned that where they are being purchased like they are purchased at Dubai International airport and it is the only official place where anyone can buy alcohol without having any alcohol license in Dubai outside the hotels and restaurants.
Passenger should be well familiar that the duty free products which they purchased at Dubai International airport wouldn’t be free in their own country and it will charge the duty fee according to their policy. For example, if a resident of United kingdom purchases a good at Dubai International airport with zero tax duty will be charged the duty at the UK airport when reaching there.
- 1 litre of spirits or 2 litres of fortified wine (port, sherry)
- 16 litres of beer and 4 litres of wine
- 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250 grams of tobacco
- E390 of other goods including perfumes and souvenirs.
The above information has been taken from his customs and revenue website in February 2020.
Another question which is asked by many of the people is that are there any products which are also available in Dubai at some other airports which are also duty free or at some other places in Dubai.
One answer would not suitable for this question because it depends upon the variety, the place or country from which the consumer is coming from or the airport which is using him to arrive or some other information. It depends upon the conditions about a single individual and careful research should be done according to your needs and it is also important in the criteria of which particular product you want.
There is an online store of Dubai duty free website and it list down the prices of different products as there are also available on some other websites as well and you can check them on other duties free website or some other place.
- The Jumbo Electronics website lists prices for laptops, TVs, mobile phones, cameras, and camcorders etc. Branches include City Centre Deira, Dubai Mall, City Centre Mirdif, and the Mall of the Emirates.
- Sharaf DG is another big electronics retailer in Dubai. Store locations include BurJuman, City Centre Deira, City
- Centre Mirdif, Ibn Battuta Mall, and the Dubai Mall.
- Passengers from the UK can check out the prices online of fragrances, alcohol, and beauty products at many UK airports using the World Duty Free website.
For enquiry about electronics product, the UK residents to search the website of Dixon travels.
President from some other countries can also check prices at other places.
It is important for all of them to compare your currency with the Arabian Dirham so that you would be able to calculate how much revenue or how much amount do you want to purchase or shop at Dubai.
Dubai duty free was founded on 20 December 1983. it offers huge discounts on its annual ceremony and the latest is a discount was about 25% on all the products. The discount applied to all the products and all the variety of other products also.
You can get the location according to your need on the Google map.
Dubai Duty free
Dubai International airport Dubai, UAE.
https://www.dubaidutyfree.com/, by clicking on this link you can go to the website of Dubai duty free.